Well I hope your three day weekend was better than mine!
I had a cold and had really bad hives. Oh and our internet didn’t work for like three days so no Netflix, no cable, no Hulu, no nothing fun.
Here are the good things about my weekend though:
- I got to watch Matilda ( my favorite movie of all time) and Legally Blonde (another favorite) on dvd (yes those still exist)
- I got to finish reading a book that I was struggling to finish ( James Patterson books ftw!)
- I got to spend some time with my family because my brother came home to visit
- I got to spend some alone time because let’s be real.. I’m an introvert most days
- I had my amazing mother take care of me ( like spoon feeding, making foods just for me and bringing me gallons of water and tea) — wouldn’t know what I would do without that woman
- Got to spend some time with my relatives when they came over for birthday celebrations
- Got to eat lots of bread and lots of potatoes! (Both a positive and negative lol)
So yes, it was crappy and I felt horrible and I cried and I hurt but there were things that got me through. (My mother most of all, love you!! )
So sitting here on this gloomy, rainy, not sunny Monday, I am grateful to be well enough to come to work. I am grateful for my family that puts up with all my lovely faults. I am grateful for a new start, a new day, a new week… To be better, to be healthier, to be kinder, to be more grateful.
( I totally always imagine myself saying these last parts as a toast, so let’s pretend we just cheered to the new week, it’s going to be a great one!)