I just spent three hours talking to my grandparents and here is what I learned:
- They know so much more than we give them credit for.
- They know when to bring you food even when you tell them not to.
- They know how the world works even if they don’t know how technology works.
- They will tell you the truth even if it hurts.
- They will yell at you until you see their point of view.
- They will tell you that you were raised right and that you have a good head on your shoulders.
- They will tell you to be proud of your accomplishments and not worry about others.
- They will hug and kiss you until everything feels ok.
- They will call you to say goodnight even though you just spent three hours talking to them.
- They won’t be around forever.
I don’t know how much longer they will be around but I am grateful for them now more than ever.